Based at the International School of Economics at Tbilisi State University (ISET), the ISET Policy Institute (ISET-PI) is one of the first university-based think tanks in the South Caucasus. ISET-PI complements the educational mission of ISET by delivering training, conducting research and analysis, expressing views on policy, and providing a professional platform for policy discussions and debates.
The ISET-PI is seeking Deputy Head for the Private Sector Development Research Center. The center has been tasked to study and formulate effective policy options for strengthening the private sector and promoting market competitiveness; to contribute to the public debate on the issues of the regulatory environment that foster opportunities for private sector development and to facilitate private sector engagement in the policy discussions and formulation.
The main responsibilities and tasks of the Deputy Head will include:
• Helping develop and manage relationships with existing and potential partners;
• Maintaining communication and building networks with potential and current donors;
• Monitoring relevant developments in Georgia’s industry and commerce;
• Monitoring relevant changes in legal and regulatory frameworks;
• Writing short blog articles, newspaper columns, and comments on policies affecting private sector development in Georgia;
• Developing and publishing relevant indices and forecasts;
• Engaging the private sector by means of e.g. membership in business associations; participation in joint policy advocacy campaigns; delivering training programs tailored for specific company needs;
• Liaising with the Georgian government, international organizations, and donors with an eye on initiating externally financed research and training projects as well as public discussions and debates addressing private sector development concerns;
• Representing the center in external seminars, communications, and meetings, as requested;
• Taking an active role in adjusting ISET-PI’s areas of strategic focus and generating new project ideas.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Postgraduate degree in social sciences (economics, applied statistics, public administration).
• Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in successfully establishing and managing collaborative relationships and partnerships with businesses, business associations, donors, and government counterparts.
• A minimum of 2 years progressive professional experience in an NGO environment, public or private sector.
• Substantial knowledge of and experience in securing and managing grants from major institutional donors.
• Advanced spoken and written English.
• Experience using basic computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience using STATA (or SPSS) would be considered an advantage.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in this position to the following email address: [email protected]. Please indicate "Deputy Head, Private Sector Development Research Center" in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.